Trinity Lutheran Church was established on Nov. 1, 1914. The first pastor was Rev. H. Schulze. Trinity's first church building was a wooden building erected in 1917 at Adelaide, roughly 14 miles north of Rupert. In 1920, Rev. Schulze accepted a call to Salmon, Idaho. Between 1920 and 1924, the congregation was temporarily dissolved. During this period, Rev. Martin Zagel served members of the congregation individually. In 1924, the congregation was reorganized under the name of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church of Rupert, Minidoka County, Idaho. A parsonage and additional lot in Rupert were purchased in 1925. Rev. F.W. Georg served the congregation during a brief vacancy at this time. Services were held in a public library which later became the Cottage Cafe (7th and F St. in Rupert) and at the home of Christ Uhl, Sr. In fall of 1925, Rev. A. T. Kolke became pastor and in February of 1926 it was resolved to move the wood frame church building at Adelaide in to Rupert and place it on the lot where Trinity still stands today. Rev. Georg once again served a brief vacancy between late 1930 and fall of 1931. Rev. Luther Westerkamp served a pastor from fall of 1931 to spring of 1941. Rev. G. W. Hoffman served from spring of 1941 until the spring of 1944. Rev. A. Lautenschlager arrived during the summer of 1944 and served until April of 1948. In the spring of 1948, it was resolved to purchase a Hammond electric organ for $2,200. Rev. John Westendorf was installed on May 2, 1948 and in September of that year, it was resolved that the congregation would build a new brick church on the vacant lot at the corner of 8th and I St. in Rupert. Groundbreaking ceremonies were held on September 26, 1948. The cornerstone was laid on November 28th, the building was subsequently completed and it was dedicated on July 10, 1949. The church celebrated its 35th anniversary that same year. The bell was donated by Mr. and Mrs. John Leise. In the fall of 1954, Rev. Westendorf accepted a call to Juneau, Alaska. Rev. Alfred Eichmann served the congregation from February 1955 until his death on December 24, 1962. Groundbreaking for the new parsonage and annex was held in June of 1958 and they were dedicated on January 25, 1959. Rev. G. A. Koch served a brief vacancy until the arrival of Rev. L.G. Mietzner, who served from 1963 until his death in late 2002. In 1972, the sanctuary received a facelift with the installation of a new pulpit, lectern, altar, and front wall. In 1986, the front of the church had an addition added which provided a new office for the pastor and one for the secretary, two restrooms, and a multi-purpose meeting room. In 2002, the Parish Hall had a new kitchen added to the west end. In late 2002, Rev. David Poovey was installed. In 2006, the parsonage was removed in order to build a new education wing (which runs parallel to the original sanctuary) and garden courtyard between it and the original building. Pastor Poovey served the congregation until early 2010. Rev. Gerald Rabe served a brief vacancy until the installation of Rev. Joel Pike in summer of 2010. Pastor Pike served until August of 2012. Pastor Rabe once again served a vacancy until July of 2013, when Rev. Bryan N. Lindemood was installed. He is currently serving as pastor to Trinity. In 2014, a new sign was installed and new wooden front doors built.
Sunday Service: 10:30 AM Educational Hour: Sundays at 9:15 AM
Trinity Lutheran Church 909 8th St. Rupert, Idaho 83350